Make meaningful connections and give back to our profession
Advancement Northwest is a volunteer-led organization that offers trainings, conferences, mentoring, career support, and more to thousands of people across Washington State. We all appreciate what a powerful force volunteers can be.
Learn more about how you can get involved below.
Become a Mentor or Mentee
Looking for career transition advice or advice to help you succeed in your current fundraising role? Or are you a seasoned professional that wants to give back to the profession? Learn more about you can become an Advancement Northwest mentor or mentee.
Present at a Conference or Training
Do you have expertise in fundraising or the nonprofit sector? We invite you to learn more about how you can get involved as a speaker at one of our professional development trainings. Please contact the office for additional information.
Serve on a Committee
- Programs & Membership: Gather information from members about desired trainings and speakers and help plan our annual calendar of professional trainings to make ensure sure we are meeting members’ needs
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access: Work to help Advancement Northwest to become a fully anti-racist organization and integrate diversity, equity, inclusion, and access more fully into our association and into the fundraising profession.
- Philanthropy: Looking for a committee where you can practice fundraising techniques? This is the place for you! Volunteers in the philanthropy committee solicit gifts from individuals as well as companies to support the programs offered through Advancement Northwest and for the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy’s BE the CAUSE campaign
- National Philanthropy Week: Play a role in planning and producing our National Philanthropy Week celebration to honor fundraisers and philanthropists
- Annual Conference: Help execute our annual regional conference with in-depth conference planning or day-of event support
Let us know how you want to get involved!