We’re here to support your career and leadership growth!
The goal of AFP Advancement Northwest’s scholarship program is a thriving community of leaders who fundraise. We award scholarships each year, focusing on diversity in any form and giving preference to applicants from populations that are underrepresented in the profession – including people of color, people with disabilities, and fundraisers for small shops and rural organizations.
No matter where you are in your fundraising career, we encourage you to apply for a scholarship if you’re eager for the opportunity to engage in the sector and work with colleagues to foster your own leadership ability as well as your peers’.
Scholarship decisions will be announced mid-November and hope to have the incoming scholars at the December Social. The scholarships will run from January-December.
Key benefits of our scholarship program include:
- One-year introductory membership to AFP Advancement Northwest.
- Option to be paired with a fundraiser mentor for one year.
- Admission to the Annual Forum on Strategic Fundraising (typically two days in June).
- Admission to National Philanthropy Day (typically in November).
- Opportunity to apply for the Washington State Chamberlain Scholarship, which allows one scholar per year to attend next year’s AFP International Fundraising Conference at little or no cost.
Other benefits include:
- Access to an extensive network of professional fundraisers and nonprofit leaders, dedicated to the improvement of our sector and community.
- Access to a cohort of peers and an alumni network of past scholarship recipients.
Your commitment to AFP:
- A scholarship commitment contribution of $25. Payment is due upon notification of the scholarship and can be paid individually or by a sponsoring organization.
- Opportunity to serve as a volunteer on an AFP Advancement Northwest committee of your choice for the duration of your scholarship.