We are here to support your career and leadership growth!
AFP Advancement Northwest awards membership scholarships each year to build a thriving community of leaders who fundraise and fundraisers who lead.
We focus on resourcing communities that are historically underrepresented in the field of fundraising. This includes Black, Indigenous, and People of Color; members of the LGBTQ+ community, with a focus on transgender and gender diverse people; religious minorities; people living with disabilities; and fundraisers from small shops and rural organizations.
Applications for 2024 Scholars closed on October 15, 2023, candidates will be notified of their status by November 3. Please check back in August to apply for the next cycle.
Benefits of our scholarship program
- One-year introductory membership to AFP Advancement Northwest.
- Option to be paired with a fundraiser mentor for one year.
- Fee Waiver for the Annual Conference (typically two days in June).
- Fee Waiver for the National Philanthropy Day event (typically in November).
- Admission for professional development programs.
- Opportunity to serve on an AFP Advancement Northwest committee of your choice for the duration of your scholarship.
- Opportunity to apply for the Washington State Chamberlain Scholarship, which allows one scholar per year to attend next year’s AFP Global Fundraising Conference at little or no cost.
- Access to an extensive network of professional fundraisers and nonprofit leaders, dedicated to the improvement of our sector and community.
- Access to a cohort of peers and an alumni network of past scholarship recipients.
Your commitment as a scholar
- A scholarship commitment contribution of $20. Payment is due upon notification of the scholarship and can be paid individually or by a sponsoring organization. *If you are unable to pay $20, this fee can be covered by the association. Scholars will not be turned away for inability to cover this fee.
No matter where you are in your fundraising career, we encourage you to apply during the next scholarship round. It will be an opportunity to engage in the sector and work with colleagues to foster your own leadership ability as well as that of your peers.
Thank you to our Advancement NW members and volunteers. Your commitment and volunteer efforts help recognize great leadership and fund these scholarships. Thank you also to AFP Global, which also contributes to our scholarship awards.