Get informed about the public policies affecting your work
As the largest association of fundraising leaders and professionals, AFP is on the front lines of protecting a policy and regulatory environment that promotes charitable giving and ethical, effective fundraising.
To stay current on laws and regulations that affect your work as a fundraiser, keep tabs on:
- Congress’ tax-writing committees, the Senate Finance and House Ways & Means, which oversee issues like charitable tax deduction limits and the IRA charitable rollover.
- The IRS Tax Exempt/ Government Entities Division, which makes tax determinations and rulings on charitable giving.
- Judicial rulings that define donor intent.
- Washington State Charity Advisory Council, which helps keep the Secretary of State informed about the nonprofit sector.
- State legislative action on issues such as the management of endowment funds or a nonprofit exemption from the event resale tax.
View AFP Advancement Northwest’s public policy updates below and learn more by visiting AFP’s Public Policy page and by reading advocacy updates from the Partnership for Philanthropic Planningand Independent Sector.