Get informed about the public policies affecting your work
As the largest association of fundraising leaders and professionals, AFP is on the front lines of protecting a policy and regulatory environment that promotes charitable giving and ethical, effective fundraising.
Stay current on laws and regulations that affect your work as a fundraiser.
- Congress’ tax-writing committees, the Senate Finance and House Ways & Means, which oversee issues like charitable tax deduction limits and the IRA charitable rollover.
- The IRS Tax Exempt/ Government Entities Division, which makes tax determinations and rulings on charitable giving.
- Judicial rulings that define donor intent.
- Washington State Charity Advisory Council, which helps keep the Secretary of State informed about the nonprofit sector.
- State legislative action on issues such as the management of endowment funds or a nonprofit exemption from the event resale tax.