With these awards, we recognize those who enhance the quality of life in Washington State through their acts of generosity. These individuals and organizations, through their philanthropy, form vital partnerships with communities for the benefit of society at large.
All nominations must be received by July 19th. Nominees will be accepted in the following categories:
- Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation (strong culture of philanthropy throughout corporation)
- Outstanding Philanthropic Small Business (under 100 employees)
- Outstanding Philanthropic Organization (grant-making entities, foundations, organizations that raise private funds and grant them out, as well as organizations in service to the community)
- Outstanding Philanthropist(s) (individual or couple)
- Outstanding Philanthropic Family (multi-generation involvement in philanthropy)
- Outstanding Young Philanthropist(s) (up to age 21; large class or service club projects are discouraged)
- Please submit only one nomination per category; you may submit a nomination for each category.
- Previous honorees are not eligible. Refer to the list of Past Honorees.
- Nominees must be from the state of Washington
- Evidence of specific achievements (new programs, for example)
- Evidence of past and present philanthropic activities, including dates and length of activities
- Evidence of sustained commitment to philanthropy
- Evidence of financial support across the community, nationally or internationally, and its impact
- Evidence of encouragement given to others to accept leadership roles in philanthropy and community service
- Evidence of philanthropic involvement with other individuals/organizations
- Evidence of exceptional volunteer service
We strive to recognize philanthropists at all levels, as philanthropy comes in many forms. Please be detailed and thorough when completing your nomination letter and supporting materials to best illustrate your nominee’s accomplishments for the Awards Committee.
A complete nomination comprises the following:
Nominations must be received by July 19th.