Stay current on news and trends in fundraising
We keep the Northwest’s nonprofit community up to date on what’s happening with our conferences, trainings, networking events and more with weekly Advancement Northwest e-blasts, monthly e-newsletters, our quarterly print newsletter, Fundraising in Focus, plus social media posts on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Learn more about the publications you can receive from Advancement Northwest and AFP International.
Check out the What’s New section of our website for even more updates, Q&As and other fundraising news you can use.
Have some news to share? Email us!
Get insights on fundraising from trusted sources
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy – The newspaper of the nonprofit world
- Nonprofit Quarterly – Recent news and information in the nonprofit sector
- Philanthropy Journal – News and resources for nonprofits
- Philanthropy News Digest – News and jobs in the nonprofit sector
- Planned Giving Today – Newsletter for planned giving professionals
- Puget Sound Business Journal – Weekly newspaper with coverage of the nonprofit sector
- The Nonprofit Times – Business publication for nonprofits
Regional nonprofit resources
- King County Center Nonprofit and Philanthropy Resource Center – Information on nonprofit organizations, fundraising and philanthropy
- Puget Sound Grantwriters Association – Regional association of grantseekers – bi-monthly meetings, trainings, conferences, listserv, freelancer list, job listings, resources for grantwriters
- Nonprofit Network of Southwest Washington – Regional association of fundraisers in Clark County – meetings, trainings, conferences, job listings
- Nonprofit and Philanthropy Resource Center at the Redmond Regional – Resource for print materials and electronic databases for fundraising, grantwriting and nonprofit assistance in the region; as well as an exhaustive nonprofit calendar
- Washington Nonprofits – A state association with trainings on fundraising and related topics.
- Washington Planned Giving Council – Regional association of planned gifts – monthly meetings, trainings, conferences, resources for planned giving programs
- Washington Secretary of State – Registered Charities Search – Organizations that fundraise in the state of Washington for charitable purposes are required to register with the Secretary of State’s Charities Program.
Other nonprofit resources
- Alltop Fundraising News – Collection of top rated fundraising blogs
- Better Business Bureau for Charities and Donors – Evaluate charities and reports on programs
- Board Source – Holds annual conference for board members, fosters board leadership and provides resources for nonprofit board leaders
- CFRE International – Organization dedicated to setting standards in philanthropy through a valid and reliable certification process for fundraising professionals
- Charity Navigator – Evaluate the financial health of over 5,400 of America’s largest charities
- Charity Channel – Connects nonprofits worldwide
- Council on Foundations – Resources, tools, webinars, and conferences that help bring legislators, educators, and other leaders together to accomplish philanthropic endeavors
- Foundation Center – Authority on organized philanthropy, connecting nonprofits and the grantmakers supporting them with tools and information
- The Giving Institute – Connects nonprofit thought leaders world-wide
- Guidestar – Analyze and evaluate nonprofits
- Network for Good – Donate and volunteer online, recruit donors and volunteers via the internet
- National Center for Charitable Statistics – National clearinghouse of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States
- National Committee of Responsive Philanthropy – Independent watch-dog of foundations
- National Council of Nonprofits – the nation’s largest network of nonprofits, serving as a coordinator and mobilizer to help organizations achieve greater collective impact in local communities across the country
- Nonprofit Fundraising and Grantwriting Management Library – Nonprofit fundraising and management guidance and resources
- NPower – Technology resources for nonprofits + consulting for nonprofits
- Urban Institute – Conducts and disseminates research on the role and impact of nonprofit organizations and philanthropy
- U.S. Government Nonprofit Information – Government grants, tax, and other information
- Online master of public administration program from Ohio University. The program includes a nonprofit management concentration that would be great for anyone looking into a formal education in nonprofits.
Prospect Research Resources