On November 7, we will celebrate the 30th Anniversary of National Philanthropy Day in Washington State. National Philanthropy Day brings together donors who support the causes that our local and global communities hold dear, fundraisers who connect donors’ passions to nonprofit missions and each of us who believe in the power of philanthropy to make the world a better place.
Advancement Northwest carries on a longstanding tradition of honoring philanthropic individuals, companies, foundations, and other organizations leaders in the following categories: corporations, small businesses, foundations, organizations, individuals, families, and youth.
National Philanthropy Day luncheon proceeds support AFP Advancement Northwest’s work to empower individuals and organizations to practice ethical fundraising through professional education, networking, research, and advocacy.
We are now accepting nominations for our 2019 National Philanthropy Day awards.
All nominations must be received by Friday, July 19th. Nominees will be accepted in the following categories:
- Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation: companies with a strong culture of philanthropy throughout the organization
- Outstanding Philanthropic Small Business: companies with a strong culture of philanthropy and fewer than 100 employees
- Outstanding Philanthropic Organization: grant-making entities, foundations, organizations that raise private funds and grant them out, as well as organizations in service to the community
- Outstanding Philanthropist(s): a philanthropic individual or couple
- Outstanding Philanthropic Family: a family with multi-generation involvement in philanthropy
- Outstanding Young Philanthropist(s): a philanthropic individual or family up to age 21; large class or service club projects are discouraged
If you are interested in being a sponsor of this year’s National Philanthropy Day, find out more about sponsorship opportunities below or visit the Become a Sponsor page for more information.