Make a lasting investment in your fundraising career
AFP Advancement Northwest will help you meet fundraising challenges with tools that expand your skills, keep you current with industry trends and best practices, and uphold the highest ethical standards. Meet and learn from other AFP Advancement Northwest members at our many local and national networking and educational events.
Enjoy the many benefits of Advancement Northwest membership
- Expand your knowledge, skills, and expertise by attending our annual Forum on Strategic Fundraising and discounts on our regional monthly trainings, all led by experienced professionals, as well as discounts on social events.
- Stay current on the latest trends and best practices with your quarterly Advancing Philanthropy magazine, an 80-page publication chock full of fundraising ideas, advice, tips, success stories, and research.
- Find career-advancing opportunities on our Career Center and member-only discounts on posting openings at your organization.
- Get one-on-one guidance from seasoned professionals through mentorships and informal networking opportunities.
- Join thousands of your peers from across the world at AFP’s annual International Fundraising Conference, which you can attend at a deep discount as a member, and where you will learn from global nonprofit experts.
- Apply for scholarships to regional programs and international trainings to build your career that include the Advancement Northwest Scholarship, AFP Diverse Community Scholarship, and Chamberlain Scholarship.
- Receive a discount when applying for your CFRE or ACFRE, attend a local CFRE workshop or review course to assemble a study group. Check the current program’s calendar for information on upcoming local events.
- Grow your reference library with members-only pricing on hundreds of fundraising resources including books, webinars, and Giving USA, a comprehensive annual report on charitable giving.
- Deepen your knowledge with member-only access to a vast array of online resources from AFP International, including a comprehensive online resource library, the Donor Bill of Rights, AFP’s Code of Ethics and much more!
- Discover research on trending topics and best practices, plus discussions on public policies that could impact your work in fundraising.
Earn your CFRE and ACFRE – the hallmark of professionalism
The Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and the Advanced Certified Fundraising Executive (ACFRE) are the two most recognized professional credentials in the advancement sector. They each signal to fellow professionals and employers that the recipient possesses senior-level fundraising knowledge, skills, leadership, management and adheres to professional standards and ethics.
CFRE certification requires successfully completing a written application and exam, a pledge to follow AFP’s Code of Ethical Standards, and adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights. Applications are judged based on education, professional practice, performance, and service. Learn more about applying, the exam, upcoming test dates, fees and more.
ACFRE certification requires a CFRE or FAHP certification, successfully completing a written exam, submitting a portfolio, an oral peer review, a pledge to follow AFP’s code of ethics, and adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights. Learn more about applying, the process, upcoming deadlines, fees, and more.