Make a lasting investment in your fundraising career
AFP Advancement Northwest will help you meet fundraising challenges with tools that expand your skills, keep you current with industry trends and best practices, and uphold the highest ethical standards. Meet and learn from other AFP Advancement Northwest members at our many local and national networking and educational events.
Enjoy the many benefits of Advancement Northwest membership
- Expand your knowledge, skills, and expertise by attending our annual conference and discounts on our regional trainings, all led by experienced professionals, as well as discounts on social events
- Stay current on the latest trends and best practices with the quarterly Advancing Philanthropy magazine, a publication chock full of fundraising ideas, advice, tips, success stories, and research
- Find career-advancing opportunities on our Career Center and member-only discounts on posting openings at your organization
- Get one-on-one guidance from seasoned professionals by engaging in our mentorship program. Join thousands of your peers from across the world at APF ICON, which you can attend at a deep discount as a member, and where you will learn from global nonprofit experts
- Apply for scholarships for regional programs and global trainings, including the Advancement Northwest Scholarship, AFP Diverse Community Scholarship, and Chamberlain Scholarship
- Receive a discount when applying for your CFRE or ACFRE, attend a local CFRE workshop, or review course to assemble a study group
- Grow your reference library with members-only pricing on hundreds of fundraising resources including books, webinars, and Giving USA, a comprehensive annual report on charitable giving
- Deepen your knowledge with member-only access to a vast array of online resources from AFP Global, including a comprehensive online resource library, the Donor Bill of Rights, and the AFP’s Code of Ethics
Earn your CFRE and ACFRE – a Hallmark of Professionalism
The Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and the Advanced Certified Fundraising Executive (ACFRE) are the two most recognized professional credentials in the advancement sector. They signal to fellow professionals and employers that the recipient possesses senior-level fundraising knowledge, leadership, and management skills, and adheres to professional standards and ethics.
CFRE certification requires successfully completing a written application and exam, a pledge to follow AFP’s Code of Ethical Standards, and adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights. Applications are judged based on education, professional practice, performance, and service.
ACFRE certification requires a CFRE or FAHP certification, successfully completing a written exam, submitting a portfolio, an oral peer review, a pledge to follow AFP’s code of ethics, and adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights.