Get involved with an engaging array of AFP Advancement Northwest events and special projects
Explore some of the opportunities below:
- Volunteer with one of AFP Advancement Northwest’s committees or with our Board of Directors
- Help us plan events like our annual Forum on Strategic Fundraising or National Philanthropy Day
- Share your knowledge be becoming a conference speaker or a mentor
- Attend one of our events. View the full calendar
You can also get involved by giving to AFP Foundation for Philanthropy’s BE the CAUSE campaign.
Advancement Northwest is seeking new board members for 2020!
Do you have an interest in serving in a leadership role in our community? Advancement Northwest is seeking diverse candidates to join our volunteer board in serving fundraisers to build their proficiency and advance their careers. Please consider completing a self-nomination or nominating a worthy colleague. Deadline for nominations is September 13th, 2019
Make meaningful connections and give back to our profession
We all appreciate what a powerful force volunteers can be. Without them, many of the organizations we serve as fundraisers could not do the amazing work they do every day. The same is true for AFP Advancement Northwest – a volunteer-led organization that offers trainings, conferences, mentoring, career support and more to thousands of people representing more than six of every 10 nonprofits across Washington State. Learn more about how you can get involved below.
Become a Mentor or Protégé
Looking for career transition advice or tips to help you succeed in your current fundraising role? Or, are you a seasoned professional that wants to give back to the profession? Learn more about you can become an Advancement Northwest mentor or protégé here.
Present at a Conference or Training
Do you have expertise in fundraising or the non-profit sector? We invite you to learn more about how you can get involved as a speaker at one of our professional development trainings. Please contact the office for additional information.
Volunteer to serve on a Committee
- Education and Professional Development: Gather information from members about desired trainings and speakers and help plan our annual calendar of professional trainings.
- Membership:Support the ongoing work we do to make sure we are meeting current members’ needs and help to recruit new members.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access:Help us continue our work to make sure that Advancement Northwest upholds the highest standards of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access.
- Philanthropy:Looking for a committee where you can practice fundraising techniques? This is the place for you! Volunteers in the philanthropy committee solicit gifts from individuals as well as companies to support the programs offered through Advancement Northwest.
- External Relations:Do you like writing, interviewing, or data? Then join the committee that creates and distributes communication and marketing materials to internal and external Advancement Northwest audiences.
- National Philanthropy Day:Play a role in planning and producing our National Philanthropy Day luncheon – one of the largest events of its kind in the country.
- Forum on Strategic Fundraising:Help execute the two-day regional conference with in-depth conference planning or day-of event support.
Let us know how you want to get involved! Email the office